FlamsteedHouse.jpg
1975  Royal Observatory, Greenwich

The familiar frontage of Flamsteed House, Greenwich, the home of the original Greenwich Observatory founded in 1675, appeared on an 8p stamp issued in April 1975 as part of a set of five commemorating European Architectural Heritage Year. The other subjects in the set were: 7p, Charlotte Square, Edinburgh; 7p, The Rows, Chester; 10p, St George’s Chapel, Windsor; 12p, National Theatre, London.

Stanley Gibbons no. 977